There is little doubt that your wedding is going to be one of the most cherished and memorable moments of your entire life. Couples go above and beyond in hopes of delivering a wedding, which is capable of satisfying and stunning each and every one of their guests. There are innumerable factors that play a role in the wedding’s success, but a few aspects stand out a little more than others. Wedding centerpieces are the central decoration, which should be eye-catching, awe-inspiring and well thought out. In this guide, you will be able to learn all there is to know about these decorations and how to design one for your own wedding!
What is it?
Although your centerpiece might be intricate, lavish and elegant, the understanding is actually very simple. This is a decoration, which is highly important. They’re capable of helping to establish the wedding’s overall theme. Although it is generally a table setting, it is possible to think outside of the box and build a centerpiece, which is placed anywhere inside of the venue. Some individuals suggest choosing the wedding theme, before you begin thinking about the centerpiece. This makes it easy to follow the mold, without straying too far.
In most situations, the centerpiece serves a singular purpose. It is an object, which will become the center of attention. This intricate display is capable of adding to the overall décor of the wedding venue. In general, these displays are so large and lavish that they’re difficult to ignore. Aside from the bride’s gown, the wedding centerpiece should be one of the most stylish and luxurious decorations in the entire venue. Of course, thinking outside of the box allows you to use the centerpiece for different purposes, but we’ll get to that a little later one.
DIY, Professional, Rent or Buy
When it comes down to it, there are a variety of different options, when attempting to get a centerpiece for your wedding. It is easily possible to purchase a centerpiece, which has already been put together and designed for you. If you do not want to place a lot of importance on this item, purchasing a pre-created display is much easier, although a little more expensive. In fact, it is even possible to rent centerpieces. Make sure that you take the time to research and check out the display, before you agree to rent it for your wedding.
Another option is hiring a professional. With the help of a professional, you can ensure that you’ll be able to get a beautiful display. This might be a little expensive, but it will ensure that you’ll get a good design, with an expert’s touch. However, you will want to work alongside this individual, in order to make sure that your ideas and style are incorporated into the design.
Finally, you can always do it yourself, which has a few benefits. By agreeing to brave through it, you will be able to gain total control over the arrangement. You can play around with it and have tons of fun, while developing your centerpieces. Of course, you’ll need to make sure that you have enough time to dedicate to this project.
Before you get into the process of designing your centerpiece, you will want to make sure to take the time to formulate a budget. This will help you know exactly how much money you’re going to be able to spend on this specific decoration. Depending on your preferences, you will want to place a level of importance on this item. Spend less, if you do not feel that the centerpiece is all that important for your wedding. The extra money can always be used for something else.
Although it is possible to use your imagination and creativity, it is still vital to make sure that your centerpiece fits your overall wedding. In order to do this, you will want to make sure to incorporate the basic guidelines into its design. Below, you will be able to find some basic tips for success.
• Get The Basics First – First, you should ignore the centerpiece and work to choose the basics of your wedding. Choosing a wedding theme can start the foundation and help to narrow down your options. After that, your color scheme should be selected.
• Where? – Where exactly are you going to be placing your centerpiece? Do you want to decorate the center of a table? Perhaps, you would like to place the item in the center of the room on the floor? Each is a possibility and you should confirm the decision, before moving forward.
• The Surroundings – It is also extremely important to make sure that your centerpiece fits perfectly in its place. It should match the tablecloth and the chairs perfectly, if it going to be placed on the table. Sometimes it is easier to design and place the centerpiece, before choosing the items that will be surrounding it.
• Choose a Scale – The overall size of your centerpiece is vital. Be sure to have a good idea of how big or small you want it to be, before you get started.
• Importance – How important is this decoration to you and your partner? While many will feel the urge to place tremendous emphasis on this item, this isn’t necessary. If the centerpiece isn’t important to your wedding, choosing something small can help save money for other items.
• Attractive – Regardless of your decision, you should make sure that this decoration is very stylish! Your guests should be able to interact with the item, as soon as they enter the room. Make it difficult for them to ignore your centerpiece.
These basic tips can help to assure that your centerpiece will be attractive, affordable and beautiful!
While it is true that all centerpieces are tremendously different and unique, they share a few general commonalities. There are actually a few different components, which are combined together to finalize the piece. For instance, you will have a base, container and even a garnish. Remember that it is not necessary for each of these items to be included. Knowing these potential options will make it much easier for you to pick and choose to design something beautiful for your wedding.
Choosing a Base
First and foremost, it is imperative to select a base for your centerpiece or wedding centerpieces. The base will give you a wonderful foundation and allow you to build up to something unique. Below, you will be able to find the possible bases for your centerpiece.
• LED Lighting – This is one of the most popular bases. You’ll need some glass vases and a package of LED lights to pull this off. This combination can create a beautiful, otherworldly appearance. With different colors of lighting, it is possible to match your wedding’s scheme very easily. Although it is possible to use flower for this arrangement, it isn’t a requirement.
• A Mirror – Throughout the years, glass mirrors have been a staple for wedding centerpieces. They’re stylish, cool and very flexible. The mirror is capable of reflecting your display and enhancing its appearance. You can place a mirror under a wide array of different decorations, including candles and flowers. Generally, it is possible to use this item for almost all wedding themes.
• Clay Flower Pots – Those that are going to be hosting their weddings outdoors will want to choose a foundation that reflects this choice. Clay pots will work wonderfully in this regard and they can be decorated with a wide assortment of different items, such as moss, flowers, branches and dirt. When selecting several smaller pots and seeds, you can actually give them as favors, once the wedding has ended.
• Tin Cans – Those, who are looking for cheaper centerpieces, will want to consider a tin can. Of course, cheap doesn’t mean unstylish. In fact, a tin can display can be very cute, when used with ribbons, fabric buttons and even candles!
• Spanish Moss and Wood – If you wish to create an earthy wedding centerpiece, you will want to consider using wooden slabs and Spanish moss. This is capable of creating a cool, natural display, which works well for day and night weddings. With this arrangement, you can use a variety of decorations including flowers, lights and vases.
Many couples will be interested in wedding centerpieces, which display a beautiful floral arrangement. Although this isn’t necessary, you will need some type of container to make it possible. Each container has a number of benefits and they work well for different types of weddings. Below, you will be able to discover some of the best containers for centerpiece purposes.
• Glass Vases – If you’re looking to host a traditional wedding, you will want to consider using glass vases to hold your floral display. Although it is possible to fill the vase with water, you can add an assortment of different items, such as sand and even water beads. These displays work wonderfully with LED lights, as well.
• Mason Jars – These items are becoming increasingly popular and work well for southern weddings. One of the biggest benefits is the fact that these jars are very inexpensive. When displayed with a colorful tint, these jars can add a tinge of romance to your wedding.
• Baskets – Wooden baskets have always been romantic and symbolize a nice picnic. These are available in a large assortment of different sizes, shapes and even colors. The outside of the basket can be decorated very easily with lace and ribbon. The inside of the basket can hold flowers and other types of displays.
• Mugs – If you’re interested in something a little less formal and much more fun, you’ll want to consider using mugs! Since they’re available in various shapes, colors and sizes, you’ll be able to find a set, which matches your wedding perfectly. You can even create your own design and have it printed on outside of the mug.
Each of these containers works excellently for an assortment of different weddings. Make sure that you choose one that suits your style and budget.
Wedding Centerpiece Garnishes
Although the base might be more important to the structure, the garnish is the most integral aspect of the centerpiece, when it comes to display. With this in mind, you’ll need to choose a beautiful garnish that works well with your wedding’s style and theme. Below, you will be able to find some of the potential options.
• Fresh Flowers – There is no denying that there is something magical about fresh flowers. They’re beautiful and tremendously romantic. With this in mind, they can also be a little more expensive. In actuality, the potential options are nearly endless, since there are innumerable varieties of flowers. Roses, tulips, carnations and lilacs all work wonderfully for weddings.
• Fabric – Of course, it is also possible to create a similar experience, by using fabric flowers. In general, most individuals will select silk flowers, which can even be taken home and used for decorations, after the wedding has concluded.
• Water Beads – For modern weddings, it is possible to use water beads. These beads are available in an assortment of different colors, which can help to create a colorful display. They can even be used to anchor down flowers. Be sure to use them with LED lights for an otherworldly appearance.
• Candles – Candles have always been associated with romance and love, which make them perfect for wedding centerpieces. Of course, candles come in an astounding number of different varieties, which makes it easy to choose some for your wedding. Scented candles are always an option, but you should avoid overusing them. Candleholders can be used, but they’re not necessary.
• Photographs – If you want to be able to add a bit of personality to each table, you can easily use pictures, as your wedding centerpieces. Collecting pictures from your guests can help to make this a possibility. Of course, it is also possible to splatter the entire venue with pictures of the bride and groom. The possibilities are endless and you should consider all options.
Remember that this is just a small number of potential options. Be sure to take these into account and use them to form your own creative creation.
Where to Find Items
If you’re intent on designing your very own centerpiece, you’re going to need t purchase a lot of different items. This can add up very quickly. Therefore, it is generally best to know where to purchase affordable items. There are plenty of different options, but you’ll need to be careful to make sure that you get quality decorations! For starters, you’ll want to consider exploring the thrift stores in your area. These stores maintain a nice stock of antiques and other trinkets, which can be incorporated into the display.
Taking to the Internet is a good way to purchase crafts and floral items. Make sure that you take the time to research the seller, before making the purchase. In this sense, you will also need to purchase in advance, in order to account for shipping time. Despite these difficulties, you will generally find a wider variety online and sometimes a cheaper price!
Consider Using the Wedding Cake
Sometimes, it is possible to kill two birds with one stone. You can easily do this with your wedding centerpieces. Since you’re likely going to be putting a lot of money into your wedding cake, you should also consider using it, as your centerpiece. Chefs are capable of creating some beautiful displays, which are edible. Make sure to find a nice pedestal that can elevate your cake off of the table and make it much more visible. It is even possible to make miniature cakes, or cupcakes, of similar designs. These can be used to decorate the area around your centerpiece. Suffice to say, you won’t have to worry about throwing the centerpiece away or taking it home, since the majority of it will be eaten, before the wedding is over.
Multi-sized Cylinder Vases
Another great wedding centerpiece idea is to utilize several multi-sized vases. When selecting this type of arrangement, you should stick with clear cylinder vases, so that you can fill them with water, your wedding flower, and a floating candle. It is not necessary to use only one primary flower species you can actually mix it up a bit and go with other types. Choose those flowers that you plan on filling your wedding bouquet with, so that everything will look more coordinated.
You can arrange the cylinder vases in a circular pattern, with the taller vases being placed behind the smaller ones or in the center, with the smaller vases surrounding them. Whichever way you choose to arrange the vases, they will definitely be beautiful and shine through.
While most couples choose to use one large floral arrangement as a centerpiece, this rule is not set in stone. You can utilize several floral or candle mini-centerpieces, but this type of arrangement will only work for a rectangular shaped table. Just place the multiple vases down the center of the table, so that they are aligned perfectly.
The centerpieces will be angled, so that all of your guests can enjoy them. If you go this route, you should utilize a table runner, so that more attention will be drawn to the centerpieces. Square or rectangular vases will work much better, with this type of arrangement, because it will make everything look more organized.
Teapots make the perfect wedding centerpiece. In fact, you can do so much with a teapot that it is unimaginable. All you need is a few teapots and a creative imagination. Teapots represent uniqueness and elegance, which will definitely fit in perfectly with any wedding theme. If you are having a country or era inspired wedding, especially the early 1900’s, the teapots will help bring the time period to life.
Take your guests back in time, where the proper housewife entertained their friendly guests with tea and sweets. You can stack or align the teapots in a row and fill them with flowers, pearls, and timepieces. You will discover that teapots are a very expensive item, so you will need to protect them from falls. It may be better to place china plates or saucers in between the teapots, so that they will be more stabilized.
Butterfly, pastel, and floral accents will work perfectly for the occasion. You can also utilize small parasols to achieve a more desirable ambience. As mentioned before, you will be able to create a centerpiece like no other, if you utilize the teapot, as your main focal point.
Stacked Glass Fishbowls
There is nothing more elegant than a stacked wedding centerpiece. You can utilize an array of multi-sized fishbowls. This way they will stack on top of each other, without danger of mishap. Some couples choose to utilize ex-small fishbowls and place them inside of a large round cylinder vase, this way the fishbowls will not become disturbed, during the reception. However, you arrange the fishbowls, be sure to use extreme caution and common sense, because you do not want a smashing catastrophe on your hands later on down the road.
You can fill the fishbowls with water or hydrogel, flowers, pebbles, floating candles, diamond confetti, sand, or seashells. Just make sure that the décor blends in with the wedding theme and color scheme, so they do not look out of the ordinary or out of line.
Gift Inspired Centerpieces
There is nothing more charming than elegantly wrapped gifts. The small gift boxes will definitely draw attention and your guests will be tempted to tear into them. Use your creativity and wrap the gifts with wrapping paper and bows that fit into your wedding theme. These exquisite pieces can be arranged in so many different ways, so you will be able to create a centerpiece that will definitely be very aesthetically appealing to everyone.
Using multiple sized boxes will make it easier to perfect the arrangement. Place them in a large ceramic bowl or on a mirror. The mirror will definitely help draw attention to the gift inspired centerpiece, which is exactly what you need. Use flowers, balloons, ribbons, and feathers to fill in the empty spaces. Toss down some colorful diamond confetti and you will have a unique centerpiece that will surely draw the attention of your guests.
Fruit Wedding Centerpiece
Who says that you cannot use fruit as a primary centerpiece? It is your special day after all, so there is no reason why you cannot create a fruit wedding centerpiece, if you desire. The greatest thing about using fruit as a centerpiece, everyone can devour the edible delectable after the event.
Fill a large platter with ice, fruit layers, and then place a small bucket of fruit near the back of the platter. The ice will keep your fruit fresh and cold, while providing the best centerpiece idea ever. Use your imagination and go wild with the fruit, so that your centerpiece will leave your guests’ salivary glands working overtime. They will, in fact have a lot of difficulty keeping their hands off of your fruit.
Although it is certainly possible to purchase a centerpiece, which has already been put together, it is sometimes much more fun to create your very own wedding centerpieces. By using your creativity, you will be able to create something awesome that will be sure to impress and stun your guests. Do not forget the basics and you will be able to pull it off, without a hitch!